Thursday 9 August 2007

Hold On To Your Lover, Baby

Good afternoon!

I'm sat here doing nothing, so I decided it's probably time for a new blog. Not that I have very much to say...

We went to see Hairspray last night. I recommend that everyone not only goes to see the film, but gets the soundtrack, too. It's just such a feel-good, happy film! Not only that, but the lead boy, Link (played by Zac Effron), is just GORGEOUS. We took my friend Vicki, and every time he came onscreen, she grabbed my arm making 'oof!' noises! We all came out singing and dancing, it was really good.

Lee's coming round in a minute, for me to dye his hair. He's having it bright purple...! He's also bringing his gamecube up, in promise of 'special treats': a creme egg and a hot chocolate with a biscuit! Bless him, he's quite poorly with an intestine infection so can't eat quite a lot of things. So I'll use up my chocolate supply on him!

What gorgeous weather we've been having! I'm so pleased summer's finally picked up. Of course, it won't be long until autumn (which brings in my 16th birthday: yay!) comes around again, and it starts to get cold, again, but at least we can finally enjoy the glorious sun!

That's all from me now, I think.

Ooh, ooh, I almost forgot! Three, yes three, of my favourite bands (The Sonic Hearts (from which the title of today's blog comes) Madina Lake and Hellogoodbye) are all playing shows near here! True, this will cost me a bit of money, at around £10 a show, but what with all the babysitting I've been doing, and two of those gigs being very close to my birthday, I should be able to afford it. Madina Lake are playing in Nottingham, which is a slight inconvenience, but I'm hoping we can figure something out!

Now, that really is it. Tata!

Love xxxx

7 comments:

granny grimble said...

Wow, Lee with purples hair...and new glasses...and a trilby, shame about the poorly inner organs though! Please make sure that we get a picture of him in all his Purple glory. Great news about the concerts and I'm sure that "With a little help from your friends" you'll make them all, including Notts. Happy dyeing and don't forget the piccie XXXXX

weechuff said...

Lee with purple hair/ Now that is something we can't miss! Personally I think we could all do with a good laugh, so if Lee is a good sport, we need to see the purple hair, matched with your rara skirt, and his 'stick legs' in your pink leggings!

granny grimble said...

What a truly wonderful suggestion Sandie. We could all do with a bit of cheering up and wouldn't that just fill the bill?

Babs (Beetle) said...

ha ha! Trust you sandie :O) Not a bad idea though. How come everybody goes purple, red and pink? What about green or blue?

granny grimble said...

Set a trend then, set a trend!

Gary said...

I'm sure you'll get the money for the concerts Emily, after all, it is your 16th!

Croom said...

Oh man, purple hair, well I cannot really say much as I have had mine Red Turquoise and purple all at the same time with matching clothes. I have photos to prove it.

Please take a photo and don't forget to make it blond first to get a nice bright purple effect,
Auntie T from Spain.