Thursday 2 August 2007

I Got Sunshine In A Bag!

Good evening, all!

Ahh, what a day! Firstly, we went to get Lee's glasses. He later posed in my new trilby and his glasses especially for you lot. Ready?




Mum reckons he looks like a girl. I think he looks dashing. Hehe!

Before that, we'd been up to Lee's to play Pikmin. It's this fab game on his Nintendo Gamecube (or something) where you have all these little leaf creatures collect stuff for you and they're so cute and I love it!

Anyway, after all that, we got on a bus to town. It took an extra 20 minutes because of all the stupid roads being shut and all the stupid diversions. When we eventually got there, though, we went into Primark and got me a new black jacket (Finally!) that cost me half of my month's allowance: thank goodness for babysitting! I also saw a trilby that I had to have (modelled above by Lee) and didn't get any footless tights or a belt, like I was supposed to. I then wrapped myself up in some red skinny jeans that I couldn't afford, and left the shop pouting.

Lee reckons I'm going to grow a magic money tree and be able to get them- or that Mum'll have a random spout of generosity and go into the Primark in town near the tram stop, go towards the stairs but go right instead, end up by the stand by the window, and not only buy me the red skinnies, but the purple and blue ones, too, in size 14, at just £10 each. =]

After getting a custard doughnut from Gregg's, we went onto Meadowhall and dropped off some CVs and application forms. Having filled out my first Early Learning Centre form wrong, I had to send Lee to get me another so I could do it right. Thanks to Grandma (and no thanks to Mum, who was in Lidl at the time!) I managed to fill in all the blanks with all the right information! So I went to drop that off, and gave the nasty people in Ernest Jones my CV. (They disapproved of me when I got the form. They were nicer when I handed it in!) By this time it was half 6, so we had half an hour to wander round, which we did, with no complaining from Mr. Lee! Although we did have to go look at Xbox games for the hundredth time this week, and look at a load of pretend cars...

At 7 o'clock, we went to Mama Amalfi. That gorgeous Italian restaurant on the top floor of Meadowhall. We shared a starter, had a main course each, and then just about managed to share a banoffi pie. All that, plus drinks, came to just under £30- and Lee payed the lot =D It was nice.

We had 20 minutes before we needed to go for the tram, so we wandered some more: for half an hour. We annoyingly missed the tram by about a minute, so had to wait for the next one. The driver conveniently wanted a fag so this tram set off ten minutes late., meaning we were behind by twenty minutes, meaning we missed the bus. Most annoyed, we decided to stay on the tram and get off at the terminal where we could catch up with the bus. We had to sit and listen to some tram ticket lady telling her friends, very loudly, how much she 'effing hates effing people, especially them effing kids, and it's this effing jobs what's done it!' She was fat and ugly, too.

As we got off the tram, we noticed the bus we wanted wasn't parked where it usually was. So we crossed the road to check the times on the bus stop, and every bus that could have brought us home had been taken off, due to the floods and closed roads!

Many telephone calls and false car journeys later, we established that we were, in fact, stranded in Middlewood, at ten o'clock at night. The next tram back to town wasn't for another twenty-five minutes, and it was dark, in one of the dodgiest places we could be.

In the end, we speed-walked into the centre of Hillsborough and managed to get the bus before it turned off onto the diversion. All in all, it was nightmarish!

However, balancing this with the rest of my day, it was a good one. I'm now a very happy bunny, and shall stay fluffy until Lee perhaps stops letting my play on his Gamecube.

Ohh, one last thing. Livvie and I were looking through her room earlier (the stuff she's got hidden away... A broken carrier bag, tied up with the handle of said carrier bag, containing a broken something (I forget) and her old hairbrush.) looking for her beret. I opened a drawer and saw an interesting looking ball with holes in...

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q66/xscreamxyourxheartxoutx/?action=view&current=61aedc14.flv

Yes, that is a ball full of bugs. Yummy, I'm sure. Apologies for the quality, it's a video off my terrible phone. =]

That's all from me: nighty night!!

xxxxxxx

8 comments:

Gary said...

I don't think any video can put across how absolutely disgusting that ball is. It actually makes me feel sick. The bugs are all ozzy and too real!

And Lee does look a girl. I shall call him Leanne Sticky Legs from now on.

Babs (Beetle) said...

What's his legs got to do with anything? ha ha! I must say, with his hair, the hat does make him look a bit 'Girlie' but then our opinions don't really matter ;O)

It sounds like you had a great day.

weechuff said...

Well, I like his glasses, anyway!

Does he need to wear them constantly, or just for close work? I have never seem him in glasses before.

granny grimble said...

Well I don't know Lee, but I think he looks good in his glasses and a trilby. He makes a nice change from seeing lads with tattoos and rings through their noses! What a lovely pair you will make Emily when you get your red trousers (which I'm sure you will!)But you are NEVER a size 14!

emilyyy said...

Ah, I am a 14 in trousers. Silly thighs, I have! =]

Unlike Lee, who has the skinniest legs you will ever see! He was wearing my skirt earlier (don't ask!) and not only was it too big for him, but his legs looked like two pieces of string hanging off the frayed bottom! It was quite amusing.

=] xxx

Gary said...

But I really should ask......

Croom said...

I have seen those balls Sindie, Danny has one or two bug ridden ones. I have also seen a pair of boobs!

I think Lee looks like, oh I cannot remember, I shall go back and take another look!

Croom said...

I know, a little like John lennon lol.