Thursday 26 July 2007

Sing a sad song just to turn it around!

Hello chaps! Today's title is from Daniel Powter's 'Bad Day': very fitting for the day's events! And I also happen to agree with this line. If you're having a naff day, singing a song about someone having a naffer day than you makes you feel all the better!

Grandma was complaining that I hadn't blogged in ages, so here we go. A blog.

First, let me tell you about my day today. I was on the bus to Meadowhall by 12 o'clock. (Yes, I got out of bed before midday. There, I saved anyone having to make that "joke" =]) I was taking Lee to the opticians to get his rubbish eyes checked. He last had an eye test about 6 years ago: he wore the glasses for about 3 months, got bored of them and threw them away. But now he's off to college, he realised he's going to actually need to see things.

So, we got to Meadowhall 15 minutes early, which Lee decided was a sign for him to eat. He got a sausage roll and a cream chocolate doughnut thing (which he ate in the optician's waiting room: MEN.) then we went for a 35 minute wait in the knickers that they call the optician's. That was boring.

Next, I was hungry. Lee saw the trip to McDonald's as yet another sign that he was eat. So we got Spicy Veggie Deli Sandwiches. I also got this new thing they were advertising called Mozzarella Dips, with a tomato dip. The silly woman forgot my dip. I was most upset.

After getting Lee a Student ID Card (bus pass for college that he pulled the most simple facial expression he could muster for) we moved on to town. On arrival, we instantly decided we'd get what we needed and leave, and not go wandering like we were supposed to with a few friends. 'Hurrah', I think, 'home to a nice cup of hot chocolate and a book in the rain!' Oh, how foolish of me.

We then spent the next hour and a half traipsing round all corners of Sheffield looking for any bloomin' music shop that sold Jim Dunlop metal Strap Locks. (For those who don't know: the bit on a guitar that holds the strap in place.) Of course, plastic wouldn't do, and neither would any other make. By the time Lee accepted that he didn't know where City Road was (apparently there's a place there that definitely sells them...) I'd stopped talking to him. I was cold, tired, wet, and the hole in my Converse had grown, letting water flow freely around my soggy toes. I was not a happy bunny!

Anyway, I'm home now, in our nice warm house, listening to some Country and Western rubbish on Radio Two, waiting for my jacket potato and beans. Yum.


I now have all of the pictures that were taken in London last week. I shall now post them all here for your viewing pleasure! (All pictures taken by me or a friend. No copyrights anywhere!)

Will have to add them later: blogger.com is being a gaylord and won't let me put any pictures on!

I'm currently in my first week of the summer holidays. So far, I've read the new Harry Potter book, (very good.) been to see The Simpsons Movie (brilliantly awful!) and sat around doing nothing. Apart from today's 'adventure', but I'm going to pretend that never happened!

Right. I'm off for dinner now. I'll try to get those pictures up later on for you. I'll update every few days I suppose: or just when something blog-worthy happens!

Lots of love xxx

4 comments:

weechuff said...

Well after all that did Lee get his glasses? And if so, we need a picture of him wearing them:0) I am wondering, will they be thick black frames, little rimless ones, fine black frames, red frames...........

granny grimble said...

How nice to see you back on track, I wondered where you had gone! Thought perhaps the Lady in Black had got you!! I told you it was super scary. Yes lets see a picture of the bespectacled sex symbol. Please!

Babs (Beetle) said...

About time! I check daily to see what you've written :O)

Sindiesmiff said...

Lee isn't a sex symbol, he's a sticky legs. That said, I think that Nanna Maskouri (sp?) glasses will suit him.